Here is one funny video about Landing page in real word published by Google Analytics which would give you a clear idea about “How important it is for businesses to optimize landing pages”.
Landing pages are a very important component of online marketing campaigns. A landing page is a specially designed page whose main goal is to generate sales or capture leads.
It’s easy to bring visitor on a landing page through SEM (to be specific) but key is to convert that user on landing page.
In this article I’ll be talking about some quick tips for optimization of landing page which would ultimately lead to goal conversion & potentially higher quality score of your ad.
Here are 4 quick tips for optimizing your landing page:
1. CONTENT OPTIMIZATION:
- Relevant: Your landing page content should be relevant to your ad & should contain keywords which are present in your ad.
- Original: Text on your landing page should be original & not copied from anywhere.
- Transparent: Make it easy for visitors to find your contact information & distinguish sponsored links, like ads, from the rest of your site content. Openly share information about your business and clearly state what your business does.
2. Technical Optimization:
Your landing page should have a quick loading time. Here are some tips for quick loading landing page:
- Minimize image size, replace with CSS, use sprites.
- Minify script / CSS / HTML, use asynchronous code.
- Clean up unnecessary code
- Do not load unnecessary content
- Use Keywords wherever possible
- Use caching!
3. Easy Navigation:
Don't make people hunt around for the information they might need. Make it quick and easy for people to order the product mentioned in your ad. Make sure people can easily find information to learn more about the advertised product.
4. Call to action & Form to gather information from a user:
There should be a small form with minimum fields which gathers users information. Remember to keep your Call To Action, form fields and benefits ‘above the fold’.
Your landing page should be Relevant, Original, Transparent, Navigable & should contain a form with call to action.
If you are looking for a PPC company to handle your digital marketing campaigns professionally, contact us!